The Golf Section runs competitions during the year at Villarceaux for Section Members: 'monthly competitions' in various formats:-
- an annual matchplay knockout competition over the summer
- a 'Summer Eclectic' competition - the players recording their best scores for each hole over a maximum of 6 rounds during July and August
- President's Cup, a strokeplay competition, during which there is also a putting competition
During each Golf Weekend there are also 3 competitions:-
- The Kiwi Cup1 net Stableford competition, which takes place on the Saturday, and
- he Dean Trophy, presented by Andrew Dean, a current Section Member, for the best gross score during the Kiwi Cup.
- A friendly Sunday Scramble generally takes among those able to face the daylight......
The Section also sponsors two 'open' tournaments at Villarceaux, the Spring Cup2 in May/June, the main prize being for the best gross score, and the Autumn Vase in September/October, traditionally a Net competition. The first of both of these competitions took place in 1981,and have become much appreciated permanent additions to the Villarceaux sporting calendar.
- The Kiwi Cup was first played in 1985, the cup itself was donated by Alan and Judy Kerr, New Zealanders who were Golf Section Members during the infancy of the Section's association with Villarceaux in the early Eighties. Alan is also credited with being the first amateur to go round the Villarceaux course in par.
- One of the main prizes in the present Spring Cup, and indeed the original 'Cup' is the Castrol Trophy, presented by one of the founding members of the Golf Section at Villarceaux, and one of the and original sponsors of the event, Graham Morgan.